What is dandruff?
Dandruff is a common condition that causes flaky, itchy, and sometimes sore spots on your scalp. It can affect anyone at any age, but it’s most common in teenagers and young adults. Women are more likely than men to get dandruff, especially during pregnancy or breastfeeding.
Symptoms of dandruff
Dandruff signs and symptoms may include:
- Skin flakes on your scalp, hair, brows, beard or mustache, and shoulders are all signs of dandruff.
- Itching around the ears and back of the neck.
- Scalp itch
- Itchy scalp
Risk factors for dandruff
- Age. Dandruff most commonly occurs in people over 30, but it can strike at any age.
- Genetics. You’re more likely to get dandruff if your parents or siblings have it.
- Hormonal changes. Your hormones may affect how often you get dandruff, particularly during puberty and pregnancy.
- Dietary factors. Certain foods may contribute to dandruff by causing an imbalance in your body’s natural oils (sebum). For example, certain foods high in sugar or fat may cause more sebum production than others, leading to flaking and itching on your scalp and face. Also, overeating fried food can increase sebum production because fried foods are high in fat and calories but low in nutrients that help regulate oil production in your skin and hair follicles.
Lifecare Medispa advantage in anti-dandruff treatment
- Lifecare Medispa is a trusted brand with over 1,00,000 happy clients and an impressive track record of completing 50,000+ successful skin fairness procedures. (Numbers to be given by Lifecare Medispa team)
- We have 50+ clinics all over India with 1500+ experienced skin specialists, doctors, and state-of-the-art facilities. (Numbers to be given by Lifecare Medispa team)
- Lifecare Medispa provides the best Anti-Dandruff Treatment that addresses the core scalp issues, such as the itchy and dry scalp, and strengthens hair follicles after a complete Hair analysis.