Types of hair loss
There are five main types of hair loss:
- Alopecia areata – the most common form of hair loss and can affect both men and women. It causes round patches of hair to fall out.
- Alopecia totalis – this is also called spot baldness and causes complete hair loss on the head.
- Alopecia universalis – this causes complete baldness on both head and body.
- Androgenetic alopecia – also known as male-pattern baldness, it affects around 50% of men and women over 50 years old. It’s caused by genes from both parents and can be passed on to children too. Hair becomes thinner over time until it eventually goes completely bald.
- Traction alopecia – this is caused by tight hairstyles that pull on your scalp for extended periods, such as cornrows or braids with extensions attached to them.
Causes of hair loss
There are many causes of hair loss, but the most common include the following:
- Heredity (genetics)
- Age-related thinning of the hair
- an autoimmune disorder that causes round patches of hair loss
- a major physical or emotional event, such as pregnancy, weight gain, or stress
- Lack of nutrients – poor diet or nutrition
- Allergic reactions to shampoos, conditioners, styling products, and other hair care products
How to prevent and control Hair fall?
Here are some tips to prevent and control hair fall:
- Use a mild shampoo that suits your hair type
- Do not brush or comb wet hair, as this can cause breakage and damage
- Avoid using heated appliances like straighteners, curlers, and dryers on wet hair
- Please get rid of unwanted split ends by trimming them
- Do not use any chemical treatments like dyes or colours on chemically treated hair
- Eat a well-balanced diet
- Avoid stress
- Get enough sleep
- Exercise regularly
- Drink plenty of water
Treatment options for hair loss at Lifecare Medispa
The Anti-Hair fall treatment at Lifecare Medispa is scientifically formulated after thorough research with unmatched efficacy. Our hair growth solution penetrates the roots of the hair follicles and stimulates natural hair growth. Along with this, Lifecare Medispa provides the best nutritional chart and a detoxification regimen that helps in promoting healthy hair.